Monday, July 11, 2011

Hazy, Hot, Humid and Hilly

I have made it to my vacation and am enjoying hanging out with my mom, dad and sister. We spent all day yesterday eating my mom's home cooking and then today spent the day at the pool. It is very, very hot here. 96 today. Needless to say we are a little toasted from our day at the pool.
After enjoying coffee with my mom until about 10 am I decided that I better head out on my run. I had no plan, threw on my Newtons and off I went. At first the 90 degree temp really didn't bother me to much until I realized that a/I didn't bring my water bottle and b/ I had not had breakfast, but A LOT of coffee. I went one way, another way and finally hit mile 3. At mile 3 I decided that I would run 6 and took a turn that I was sure was totally downhill.....guess what it was not downhill at all....not only was it not downhill, it was uphill for a mile. Oh and it was in the sun. At one point I swear I was hallucinating and saw a lemonade stand to my left.....No such luck....but, I kept going. Finally, I turned up my mom's street (another hill) and made it home in under an hour. I was soaking wet and so hot and so thirsty! How I just wanted to hit my mom's basement and watch tv for the afternoon. But, 4 kids were waiting and off to the pool we went.
How are you all beating the heat? Swimming, movies....??

2 comments:

  1. the pool is my favorite way, but it is hard with the baby when i'm on my own! he's only 5 months old and the big kids aren't strong swimmers yet...but i will have it figured out by summer's end! how do you do it with 4??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our heat lasted a whole week. Yesterday we had rain. So far I've not really had to scramble to beat the heat. This weekend I'll be spending time at my mom's house, on the river, so I'm hoping it gets hot enough for me to stick my toes in!

    ReplyDelete