Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It Got Hot Here

It is hot here in good ole' NH. Hot enough that after laying by the pool for an hour the kiddos were ready to come inside. I have been getting my runs done at 5:15 and am loving it. There is nothing like finishing your run by 6:15, stopping to get a coffee and being ready to watch the Today Show by 7 am. Definitely kind of nice.
We spent the weekend in Maine and had a blast. I am down two little kids right now so it was just me, T and the two big kids. We beached, kayaked, shopped and ate our way through Southern Maine. I also ran the LL Bean 4th of July 10K. Very fun race. Good crowd support and the race was put on really well. What I loved was the post race food. There was watermelon, lemonade, bagels, muffins, coffee etc...you name it they had it. My time was not my fastest by any means (56:46 Garmin time), but I had a great time. The humidity was 100% when the race started and miles 4 and 5 were straight up hill. What made this race special was that my parents used to run this race every year when they still lived in Maine. My Dad's fastest time....47:00. Yikes, that is fast.
I am in the middle of week 6 for Chicago training. I have a 14 on the schedule for tomorrow morning. Can I tell you I am tired already and I haven't even run yet. I am definitely feeling that running spark once again. I had a couple of weeks where I just didn't have it, but thankfully it is back. I think that my 3 rest days last week were good for me.
Happy Wednesday! Hopefully you are staying C-O-O-L!

4 comments:

  1. 14... You've got this! Can't wait to hear about your awesome run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've almost convinced me to wake up early

    almost ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend and awesome that you did a race that means so much to you and your family.
    And 5:15? You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make morning running actually sound appealing!

    Congrats on surviving another race! 2 uphills in a row sounds rather brutal. Obviously it didn't phase you with that fast time!

    ReplyDelete