Thursday, July 21, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  I could write about the heat, but I think that we all know about it.  Whether it is the heat dome over the center of the country, the high heat and humidity in the Northeast, it is definitely out there.  If you are out there working out, running, walking your dog please take precautions.  It is really hot.  Take it easy, rehydrate and even consider moving it inside for the next couple of days.
2.  With that being said I have a 16 mile run on tap for tomorrow am.  Start time 5 am.  Our goal is to run for 2 hours and then whatever is left we will hit our Mills to finish.  I already have my clothes laid out, have planned out my am meal and I have my snacks ready.  We are feeling a little bit behind in our training, but I am confident that once October 9th comes we will be ready to hit the streets of Chicago.  Special thoughts out to a member of our running group, Ms. G, who is really suffering with PF.  She is off to my "witch doctor" (Dr. Looney) this am to help with the pain and to get back on track.
3.  Summer laundry YIKES!!!!!  We have a pool in the backyard which is awesome except for the amount of towels and bathing suits and clothes I am washing every day.  I am having a hard time keeping up.  What they don't tell you is that even though it is "summer vacation" it is still a lot of work:)  Do I have a little count in the back of my mind as to when school starts?  I have to admit, YES!  Please don't hate me....I am not wishing away summer, but selfishly I miss my routine.
Happy Thursday....Remember stay cool!

2 comments:

  1. It seems just as I get used to the summer routine I have to switch back to the school routine. But I'm rarely eager to give up either one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer laundry is the worst! You would think that in the summer when you are supposed to wear less clothing there would be less to wash....
    BTW, you won the Auria giveaway over on my blog! Shoot me an email with your mailing info!:)

    ReplyDelete