Christmas morning run (no I am not pregnant)Hoping that everybody's Christmas was as blessed and wonderful as mine. The kids were excited, I was excited and even Trav was excited. (Travis loves to buy others treats, but is not good at receiving. hmmmm....I don't know where I found him from). I started out trying to make everything orderly, but in the end with four kids it just gets crazy. I was also lucky enough to run a quick 5 K with my friends Karin and Lynn at around 11 am. It was nice to have that 30 minutes to get out that extra Christmas energy before the rest of the festivities began.
It has come to my attention that I have 26 miles until I reach 1000 for the year. I started calculating my mileage around April 1, so I am feeling really psyched with this achievement. Once December 1st hit I knew it was a possibility and then I knew I had to reach it. This year has been such an incredible for me. I feel like I found myself through running. I became closer to group of women who I love and of course I finished my first marathon. I have let running in full force and definitely am hooked. It also helps that I dropped a few pounds and feel great:)
Finally, I ran 6.1 for Sam today. This is a great program about a dad who ran 61 marathons for Autism with his final marathon being yesterday. People signed up to run 6.1 miles (Operation Jack) in order to support him on his endeavor. I was supposed to run yesterday, but was really under the weather with a bad headache and could not even fathom getting on my treadmill. I popped up this morning and ran 6.1 miles in 55 minutes, not a PR, but a great run non the less. I like these virtual races where I can donate some money to a good cause and a cause that is dear to me. I have a friend whose son has Aspergers Syndrome and Autism has become a special cause for me. It is hard to believe how many children are diagnosed with Autism every year, it is scary and could happen to anyone....So kisses to Jack and kisses to my special friend Mason, you are a real inspiration.
Almost there! Woot!
ReplyDeleteWay to go with all the miles! And, what an inspirational program. I definitely need to look into supporting more of these virtual races!
ReplyDeleteNice! You've been very busy this year pounding the pavement. So cool!
ReplyDeleteI saw that you are part of the Run for the Bling Challenge! Good luck with 2011!!
ReplyDelete