Yesterday I made a very bad decision....a bad underwear decision which is not usually my MO. I had on Nike work out pants that required some sort of underwear on underneath, I put on a thong just so I would not had VPL's at the gym...(visibal panty lines). I took part in my Friday Fit class and was then heading off for a run with my friend Lynn. When we went into the locker room to change I just threw on my winter running skirt outfit w/o taking off my undies. How would that be a bad decision you might say....hmmmm....well about mile 3 I could already feel some major chafe issues in my "underwear area." Not pretty, the sweat was even stinging. I hopped in the shower at the gym and had to bite my lip so as to not scream out loud. It was so painful.....yuk and it is still painful today. I am hoping that my 6 miler today does not make it worse. Not really helping with my quest for 1000....
On a good decison note, I picked up our new puppy yesterday. Needless to say we are in love. She is a corgi and her name is Nelly. She is smart as whip, sleeping and eating well, just perfect. It is like we have a new baby in the house:) Yesterday morning I was kicking myself asking what had we done getting a puppy the week before Christmas, but honestly, when else would I have taken her...it is a treat for our family.
Wish me luck on my morning jaunt...hopefully it is not to painful.
OUUUUUUCCCCHHHHHH!
ReplyDeleteI now go commando during all of my runs (and workouts actually). NO MORE chaffing down there!
And I love your puppy. Cute pics on FB!
So funny that you posted this. Not that it happened to you but that it also happened to me TODAY. I wore my triathlon shorts under my running skirt for my 1/2 and let's just say I also had to keep from screaming when I hopped in the shower afterwards. Mine is on both sides, under my rear/between the legs area. It kills me every time I sit or move. So not cool.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the corgi. I have always wanted one.
I'm feeling really lucky now ... I only one thongs and have never had an issue with anything. (Knock on wood!)
ReplyDeleteThe new puppy sounds exciting!! We'll have to see some photos of her playing with wrapping paper on Christmas - I mean, that HAS to happen with a puppy, right? Have fun with her! They are so cute when they are all new and fresh.... and when they are old and not so fresh. I just love dogs too much!!
Oops -- that should say I only OWN thongs. Dang typos!
ReplyDelete