Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

5 mile race in Gettysburg, PA

Wow! I can't believe that we are staring down 2011. What a year it has been. As of this morning I have run 1000 miles since April 1st. ( I might have run more, but that is when I started calculating everything with my Garmin.) I have run 2 half marathons and 1 full marathon. I really did not see myself at this point last year at this time. I was about 25 pounds heavier, I was sad and I did not have any goals for the year. Something changed January 1. I made a decision not to feel sorry for myself anymore and to get going and now I am here.

I have been inspired by so many people this year. Some people have inspired me to run, some have inspired me to be a better person and some have inspired me to become a better mom. If I were to mention everyone we would be writing/reading for a long time. (Tonia, Ginny, Jen, Pam, Stacie to name a few.) Anyway Thank You! You have made a difference in me from Point A to Point B.

People have been mentioning their goals throughout bloggy land today. I thought long and hard about them during my run this morning. Goal 1/ to run 1500 miles in 2011. (I was going to go loftier, but I don't want to set myself up for failure) Goal 2/ To run one of these fall marathons Chicago or New York. If I get into New York, I don't know if I will go to Chicago. (okay I might do both am I crazy? Goal 3/ To cut out junk...I try to have a good diet, but I definitely get caught in the having 4 kids in a million activities and doing things on the run. My goal is to cook "good" food at least 5 days a week and then have left overs/easy stuff the other 2 days. and finally Goal 4/ To try to step back and not be so worrisome all of the time. It is definitely my personality, but sometimes you need to let things go. I am not very good at that and it is something that I want to work on this year.

Happy New Year everyone! 2011 is here!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year my good friend! Give that beautiful family of yours a big hug from Miss Pam duMont...(especially that Ben!) xoxo Keep running and writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! What a great 2010 and looks like you'll have an even more exciting 2011. What race in Gettysburg was that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic goals! Congrats for running 1000 miles - that's amazing! You're inspiring me to set some goals myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You goal to cut out junk has motivated me to have a goal to cut out junk, too! But not junk food (although I guess we could all cut back!. But instead to go through and do some serious Spring cleaning! I have so much that I could donate if I can just convince myself to part with it. I'm not a hoarder, I swear. Really, I'm not! :-)

    Sounds like you had a really great 2010. I hope you do one of those big marathon this year! I love living vicariously through all of you hard core runners!

    ReplyDelete