Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I am Awake


I am up early this morning. The new baby, I mean puppy has been up since 4:30 and then I couldn't go back to sleep. I am staring at my Christmas tree and about to start taking the ornaments off. As much as I love Christmas, I love taking it all down and getting back to "normal." No more needles, my living room back in working order and all of the kids' stuff put away. That is the beauty of January. I feel like it is some sense of normalcy around my house. September to December is just so crazy all of the time. I am looking forward to running, reading and enjoying my family. Hmmmm...that almost sounds like a New Year's Resolution.
In the next week I am hoping to sit down and plan my running schedule for the Year. I already have a 10K, 2 half marathons and 1 marathon on the books, now I just need to schedule the rest and save some money to pay for all of my races.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about getting the house back in order. I love the tree and the decorations, but it is nice to have that space back. I'm hoping to set up a little writing area in our living room (besides Christmas, we're hardly ever in there). It's a place where I can get away from the troops for a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok the new baby is adorable!! And I'm with you on the running, reading and enjoying the family. Yes, you heard me..I THINK I'm starting to run again..not that I was a big runner before! The furthest I ever ran was 7 miles..just when I started to get addicted I got pregnant..Steve is buying a treadmill as we speak. I'll keep you posted..you have inspired me to get running..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could do all of that fun planning ... but not have to fork over a huge wad of cash every time we find that perfect must-do race! I mean my last racing whim?? $140! And I'm not even running it until October!

    You've made me want to put away my decorations now, too. I love the lights, but I also love the extra room in my little cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took our ornaments/tree down last night as my husband slept on the couch. It is good to get the house back in order. I feel like I can finally look ahead at Twenty11 now as well.

    ReplyDelete