Monday, December 6, 2010

The Cold has Come

The cold weather has come to Amherst. I do not like the cold. It makes me tired. It makes me want to eat and it makes me want to settle in my PJ's every day when I get home. Today I met Lynn and we ran outside at 10 am. My car thermometer said that it was 32 degrees. I thought that I was prepared. I had on my Under Armour turtleneck, winter tights, a skirt and a winter running jacket. I also had gloves and a hat. The wind was horrible today. We were not even 1/4 of a mile into it and my eyes were watering and I had permagrin on my face. It was brutal, but we made it 4 miles and I am not going to complain. Tomorrow I have a 6-7 mile run scheduled. I have a training plan that I am using created by Tonia at TMB Endurance and I am totally psyched. I am hoping to cut 15 minutes off of my last marathon this spring at the National Marathon in Washington DC.
On a Christmas note, our tree is up and in the house and we are going to decorate it tomorrow. I am slowly, but surely getting the house ready and crossing things off of my list. Shopping for 4 kiddos is slow going as they are changing their minds on a daily basis. I am about to have to let them know that Santa shuts down his list by December 15th. On the agenda this week, starting to bake and starting to wrap. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - the cold PLUS the wind - that sounds like a chore. You should get extra credit on those miles think!

    ReplyDelete