Friday, December 3, 2010

Trying Something New

I didn't run today, I had run 17 miles the past 2 days. Instead I joined my friend Beth's small personal training class. It consists of 3 women, well now 4 (me) and she takes you through a series of exercises working your entire body. I am not going to lie, it was hard. We jumped rope, we wrapped elastic bands around our legs, we did bear crawls, you name it we did it. Did I already say it was hard? Needless to say I know am having a hard time moving my arms. I also felt like a fish out of water. I didn't really know what to do and I looked funny sometimes, but I guess I will get there. I really am a runner at heart, I don't know if I had that same endorphin boost I get from running, but I am realizing that some strength training would probably be good for me. Long story short I got out there and did something new and now I am tired.
On a different note, after two days of antibiotics Izzie is finally better. uhhhh....that took a lot out of me!

4 comments:

  1. oh I wish I could do Beth's class with you!! I can barely get a 20 min. Jillian Micheals workout in..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That class actually sounds kinda fun! Like hard work, yet maybe a chance to laugh at yourself a bit too while feeling awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad she is getting better. The class does sound like fun! I would be okay in a class like that but there is a reason I stick to running and not things that involve more coordination. When I try taking aerobics classes or anything that involves me looking cool while following along in any rhythm then it is all over for me...talk about looking silly and feeling awkward. Hopefully you won't be too sore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. let's just say that I am sore enough that i could not get my arms over my head to take my sports bra off after running. uhh.....@Pam I wish you could do it too. maybe we should take her class down the Duxbury in January...

    ReplyDelete