Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm "Tagged" and Your "It"

I was tagged today by Erica at MCM Mama to answer a few running questions and personal questions. I am actually psyched because I did not have a lot to blog about today.

1. What was your toughest race? My toughest race was the Applefest Half Marathon. It was at the end of September and the temp was close to 90 degrees. I had run a half marathon in June and had a time of 1:53 and was so psyched. My time this time was 2:08. It stunk! I felt sick for a good week after.

2. What are your goals for 2011? Most of my goals have to do with a marathon running. I am running the National Marathon in March and I would like to do it in 4:15. I also put my name in the lottery for the NYC Marathon and am thinking about doing Chicago with my friend Gail.

3. If you could live anywhere where would it be? I would definitely live somewhere with great weather. If California wasn't so expensive I would love to live there or maybe somewhere South. I was born in New Orleans (my mom is from Louisiana) and I do have a soft spot for humidity and warm weather.

4. What is my guilty pleasure tv show? Hmmm....I am a sucker for shows like Gossip Girl and Glee. I also love Modern Family every week, but my secret pleasure is the soap opera Young and the Restless. I have watched this show on and off for my entire life and still like to turn it on if I am home.

5. How do I keep my sense of balance? This is a hard question. Running has really brought me to a place where I finally feel a sense of balance. Last year I was in a pretty bad place in my life. I was a SAHM to 4 kids and had lost a sense of self. I really was not a good wife, friend or mom. On January 2nd I decided I needed to make a change and started running as well as doing some pretty heavy self evaluation. Now nearly a year later I have done 2 halfs, and a full marathon and lost 20 pounds. I also feel better as a mom and wife and my friends like to be around me now. I also have met some great people that I love to run with and have become a real group for me.

Now I think that I need to tag 3 people....Abbi, Stacie, and Jen. Good luck and have fun! If you have other questions you would rather answer go for it:)

On that note I am trying to make it to 1000 for the end of the year. I am seeing some double sessions in my future. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the 1000 - looks like you are getting close!

    I love Glee! It completes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading these! I liked your answer to #5, it's great to hear how running changes people for the better.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love this post and may copy even though I haven't been tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tagging me... and oh yeah... get ur done!

    ReplyDelete