1...To the rather large woman in your big, black, Chevy pick up truck who we encountered this morning.....I don't know what could have made you in such an ugly mood at 5:20 this morning, but I hope that your day got better. I don't know why you felt that you needed to speed by us and raise your arms at us, but it was kind of uncalled for. I am hoping that you were just feeling jealous because you were obviously running a bit late for work (or Dunkin' Donuts) and we were outside running and enjoying the beautiful morning.
2.....To my stomach. Why? Why? Why? are you forsaking me? I got up at 4:30 and had a little something to eat. I drank water and had a Hammer Gel at mile 5, so why by mile 11 did I have to make a dash for my MIL's house and a bathroom. This summer is my first experience with a bad stomach so I am trying out many different things to make it through these long runs. Next try is gummy bears.
3.....To my sweet puppy Nelly. Do you really need to attempt to chase every car on the road? I know that you are a Corgi, a working dog but, NEWSFLASH, you are on a leash and today when you got caught on my leg and leash burned me , I was definitely a bit frustrated. Please work with me. The last thing I need is for you to get run over.
Finally, (I have a fourth today) if you haven't gone to Back Pocket Sports yet, you need to. I won a shirt from them recently and I have to say I am in love. I am not always sure about tops. I like to try them on first, but I love this shirt. In fact it is in the washer now so I can take it with me this weekend. Happy Fourth of July Weekend everyone. Take time to relax and have fun!
What is with drivers???? Is not the WHOLE lane enough for them? I have had rude gestures, horns and near-misses when I am running WAY over on the gravel shoulder!
ReplyDeleteSometimes drivers make me want to carry eggs to throw at their cars ...
ReplyDeletewhich shirt did you get?
Must have been the morning! I got run down by the paper guy this morning! That was after he almost hit me with a paper!! My friend yells things at people like that!
ReplyDeleteI really don't understand cranky people in cars - there seems to be a lot of them lately!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the long weekend!
I'm totally going to look up these shirts, now! I have a hard time finding shirts that I REALLY like.
ReplyDelete