I thought that I had a route in mind. I had looked it up on Map My Run, but somehow I got a bit lost. In fact I ended up in a town I was not expecting to end up in and then had to make my way back home. The only thing that stunk is that I had to run on "Route 13" which is a 2 lane highway with people driving about 50 mph. Before that I was on a dirt road and that was a bit scary. There was no one around, it was quiet and then at the top of the hill there was a huge junk yard littered with trailer homes, old cars etc.... I then started to get a bit panicky because I didn't bring my cell phone with me. Let's just say I ran a bit faster during that part of my run. I was uncomfortable that I did not know my surroundings and just needed to get somewhere that I knew.
Finally, after 2 hours 42 minutes, a lot of hills and a lot of water I made it home. I was a bit sore and really tired. I ended up taking a 2 hour nap with my 4 year old. I was supposed to run a 7 mile race in the am, but I need to take a day or at least a morning to rest and get organized. Hopefully, I will get out there in the afternoon.
P.S. to the two women who passed me running together. The men in your group that were ahead of you all said "hi" and "good morning" to me, YOU two were kind of rude in fact you were rude. Why not say "good morning" and be supportive. Unfortunately, sometimes women just aren't nice to each other. While I wouldn't wish anything bad on anyone, I hope that one of you tripped on a shoe lace today. Good night:)
Congrats... my 17 miler was emotionally... but at least I was in a familiar place. Great pace too!
ReplyDeleteGood job on the 16! But, be careful. I never run without my cell phone if I'm leaving my immediate neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Seems like lots of people are getting lost on their long runs (I did a few weeks ago too). I think that kind of makes the time go by faster though...hope you are fully rested and no longer sore!
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about the women thing! THAT is why I have more male friends than female!
ReplyDeleteGood job on the 16!