Saturday, August 14, 2010

5K on a Saturday Morning

I am up and ready to go. I have a 5K at 10 am this morning. The Crisman 5K. It is an annual road race for two brothers who died in a car accident 6 years ago. I have not run a 5K race in a couple of years and I am nervous. I am typically not a 5K runner. It takes me 3 miles just to get into my running. I always start out way to fast and then am running on fumes at the end. I have a bunch of friends running, some even pushing jog strollers. Part of me feels like I might be in the back of the pack with them. I am also debating wearing my Garmin or not. The competitive part of me says "Wear it so you know where you are!" The laid back part of me says, "Just enjoy the race." I am running 13 tomorrow am so part of me doesn't want to do something crazy and then get hurt. All tough decisions for a 5K in Amherst, NH. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! BTW, I'm planning to run the "A Pleasant Climb" race in New London, NH this fall. Know anything about it?

    ReplyDelete