Whoo....this morning has been a whirlwind. My friend Lynn is a nurse and needed to run at 5:00 am. When she asked me I said yes, but when the alarm went off at 4:40 this morning I could have snuggled back under my covers and slept until....well much later. We did a 3 miler, which is not bad. I think that I could have gone farther, but now I am glad that we didn't. I am tired. In fact, I could crawl in my bed right now except for the fact that I have 3 kids standing around me. The hardest thing for me is that I am a night owl. When I got into my bed at 9:30 last night I could not fall asleep. My mind was all over the place. I took my Calcium supplement which is supposed to help you rest, but no luck. Finally at 11 pm I fell asleep. 4:40 cam fast.
Does anyone have any ideas about how to get to sleep at night when you have a big run in the morning?
On a different note I have worn my Newtons twice and I don't know if I am really sold. I got hip cramps both times. I didn't go that far in the them. They tell you to give them a break in time and I didn't feel much faster. Maybe I should just stick to my Asics and Brooks.
Any Newton wearer's out there with advice?
I'm alternating a pair of the Sir Isaac Newton's with my normal Saucony. I've had the Newtons for about about a month now and am wearing them on 3-4 mile runs. I've done one or two 6 milers in them too. I'm not sure I'm sold yet either but the more I've worn them, the more I think they might be good to at least rotate in with my others. When I bought them the guy told me to start with only 1 mile at a time, then work up. That idea doesn't really work for me, so I've just worn them on short runs. I think my legs are getting stronger with them. I had calf pain but it's starting to go away and the slight achilles pain I've had in the past seems to be going away too. I'm going to keep using them but not 100% sold either.
ReplyDelete