This morning I saw you in my work out pile next to my black running skirt and decided that I would wear you today. Usually I wear an Nike or Under Armout performance shirt, but I was feeling sentimental about you , my Heartbreak Hill t-shirt. (i have never run Boston, but lived in Chestnut Hill and ran Heartbreak Hill on a daily basis.) I put you on, loved how soft you were and said "this is going to be great." I started out, there was a light drizzle and a little bit of humidity. You started sticking to me at about mile 1, but I was still in cotton shirt love but by mile 3 I was ready for divorce. You were sticking to me, stuck on my bra and kind of big. With my other shirts I usually tuck them in and they don't move. The sweat was not wicking and I was starting to feel gross. I was wondering what made me put you on this morning? What was I thinking? I am usually a creature of habit and you are not even in my rotation. Needless to say I got home and coul not wait to get you off. As much as I love you with a pair of everyday shorts, I think that I have to take you out of the work out drawer. I am sorry, just remember it was me and not you.
friends always,
Rene'
i experienced something similar this morning. i wore a long sleeved tee that i got a a duathlon that i completed in june. love the shirt. but it was the worst idea i had in a long time.
ReplyDeletetotally feel ur pain!