1./ Don't eat two mini muffins and two cups of coffee for breakfast and expect to have a good run. I was drained even before I even got started. During the run I tried a Clif chocolate gel. It stunk. When will I learn when you find something that works (Hammer Raspberry Gel) that you stick to it?
2./ Hydrate. I did not have enough water yesterday, this morning and then only brought 16 ounces for the run. At one point it was likie we were in the dessert. We thought that we were seeing water stations. We couldn't stop talking about water. Finally at about Mile 10 we came upon the golf course. I made us stop and the ladies let us take ice cold water from their snack bar, showed us where the bubbler was and told us to stop anytime. That water never tasted so good.
I am sure there were other things I could write about, but those two including the weather really spells it out. We walked, we talked and we laughed. I think that some people call it "bonking." and we totallly "bonked" today!
On a happy note tomorrow starts my RRCA coaching class. I am so excited. I don't know what I bring to the table, but I think that it is going to be really fun.
Happy Weekend!
Just found your blog through Distance Dreamers. Good luck with your training! Sounds like you're learning a lot along the way. :)
ReplyDelete