Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Running at Pace

Wow! I took the RRCA coaching class this weekend. I really enjoyed myself. The first day was hard considering we sat for almost 9 hours, but all of the information was great! I loved the second day because we worked on training plans. One thing that I did learn is pace and what pace you should be running during training, racing etc....Well, I should be running a 10:08 training pace to finish my marathon in 4 hours. I typically run 9:00-9:30 when training. It is hard to run a 10:08 pace. I am trying and trying to get my friend to do the same. I have a 9 mile run this afternoon and I will tell you how it goes. With my shorter runs I am just trying to get it done so I think that it might work better with my longer runs.
On a different note, I sent back my Newtons. I just did not love them and my shins were hurting. I did what I was supposed to do. Ran 1 mile in them, then 2 miles. They just weren't for me. Luckily I bought them from Road Runner Sports and have a 60 day return policy. I also bought another pair of Brooks Glycerin's. I love those shoes. They just work!
Happy Wednesday, we are almost through the week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad the class went well! I've read so many times about slowing down the training pace and try to use the numbers on the McMillen calculator. Good luck on the 9 mile run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both sister! I hate slowing down. I have a serious problem.

    So you love the Brooks? I am about to buy a new pair, and I learned that all of Brooks' shoes are vegan (except for their walking shoes). I am super excited. I have never run in them so we'll see how it goes.

    I shop at RR Sports too, and after I got my stress fracture I returned my dirty, gross, Mizunos for a brand new pair of shoes and was just fine. =) Gotta love the return policy!

    ReplyDelete