Now, I can only describe the day as perfect running weather. We decided to do the AppleFest course which I am signed up for in September. It was a GORGEOUS morning. A little cloudy, a cool breeze and not to much traffic. We started out at a good pace between 9 and 10 minute miles. We practiced holding back when needed to and letting our legs go when they needed to. The AppleFest is a funny course. The first 6 miles are downhill. The last 7 are up. But honestly the UP was not as UP as hills that we have in Amherst. I had plenty of water. I had bought a new Nathaan water holder and had 16 ounces of water and 16 ounces of Nuun. I can only describe the morning as a huge runners high. I am actually still on cloud nine. Now I am off to bed as I have a 4:30 am wake up call to run with Lynn! Good night.
Great job!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the long run! That sounds like a crazy course but I'm sure it's great practice!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great run! glad to hear the weather was nice too, that always helps!
ReplyDelete