Saturday, October 16, 2010
Barney and 1 hour on the treadmill
The weather here in NH is crazy. The wind is blowing so hard it knocked over a table and umbrella outside and there are branches everywhere. I wanted to get 6 miles in this morning and with the girls at home and T and the boys at football practice I knew that I was going to have to run on my treadmill. So, after one cup of Pumpkin coffee I threw on my sports bra, shorts and shoes and took off. I am lucky that my treadmill is in my bedroom because I can watch tv which keeps my mind occupied. Today though I was not so lucky as Izzie was in the bedroom with me. Izzie is 4 and watching NCIS or Biggest Loser for an hour was not what she had in mind. What was on Izzie's mind, Barney. Believe me, I can and do a lot for my kids but there was no way I was watching Barney for an hour while I was on the treadmill. I thought that it might do something for my mental toughness, but today I had to get it done. Finally, we struck up a deal. She would watch NCIS with me for 44 minutes and then I would turn on Barney for the the last 16 minutes. Unfortunately for me she didn't stop talking and I really didn't get to watch NCIS, but once Barney was on she had not one word to say and I focused on my last 16 minutes. It was quick and then it was done. Tomorrow is going to be a longer run. I am hoping for no wind and 10 miles in the AM before football. Keep your fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
uhg. Barney is my LEAST favorite. Really, the. worst.
ReplyDeleteI love NCIS.... especially Mark Harmon. Yum-my!
ReplyDeleteBarney? Eh ... that sounds like pure torture.
Barney is some kind of torture. I'm thankful neither of my boys got into him.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we were there last weekend when the weather was good!
Pumpkin coffee? never tried it...but I love pumpkin and I love coffee. (sounds good)
ReplyDeleteBarney & the treadmill...double torture.