Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's All in the "Axe"

I ran with my friend Lynne this am. It was a quick 4 miles, she had to go to work and then it started to pour. I hurried home to hop in the shower before my day started. Imagine my suprise when I realized that my pink Dove soap was gone, no more left, just a little piece that wouldn't even clean my arm. I was going to call to Travis, but it was 6:15 and I didn't want everyone up so I looked at my options, let's see...Suave Strawberry Kids Shampoo, Old Spice Men's Body Wash or Axe Fresh. It is official the kids have more soap, shampoos in my shower than I do. I then had to take my pick and I went with the Axe. I couldn't picture smelling like strawberries all day and the Old Spice was a bit strong so I soaped up and got out of the shower. I put my stuff together and went downstairs and said "hey" to Ben. He then came into the kitchen and looked at me. "Mom, did you use Axe today?" "Why do you ask?" "Ummmm.....because I can smell you in the playroom. Mom, that is just weird." It probably was weird, but I needed soap and I needed a shower. I smelled, it was humid out this morning and I had an appointment and I couldn't go in my running clothes. Oh well....I definitely still smell like Axe, that stuff lasts all day. I guess it is time to buy more soap.

5 comments:

  1. Haha! That's funny that your son said that! I don't think it's weird...I would've done the same thing...in fact I probably have. at least your clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben can NOT be old enough to use Axe! You tell him "miss Pam duMont" said so. Will be thinking of you on Halloween!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hysterical! If you have tons of women throwing themselves on your today then you know the commercials are right! It DOES have an effect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would have had to have gone with the Old Spice just so I could have quoted their commercials all day. "I'm on a horse..." LOL Have you seen the Sesame Street spoof of that commercial? It's pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny!! I sadly would have probably opted for Strawberry Shortcake, but one never knows. I would of loved to have seen your sons face this morning!! Makes you wonder how strong our own soaps are?!?!?

    ReplyDelete