Friday, October 8, 2010
Early Mornings
I run about 2 times a week with my friend, L. She is an emergency room nurse and she always has great stories. I love these because before I started my 2nd career of "homemaker" I was an adolescent health nurse at Chilren's in Boston. So...while we run I live vicariously through her and her job. We also run at 5 am these 2 mornings a week. I am never usually scared, but this morning it was dark out and I mean dark. There was no moon, a million stars but no moon and there was one street light on our way. I definitely had a weird feeling this morning. I ran with my pepper spray today, but didn't have my Road ID on and started to get anxious. I don't know what the reason was this morning. Lynn and I are loud, I don't think that anything/one would just sneak up on us and snatch us or attack us. (okay maybe my imagination is gettting the best of me) but I was definitely not myself an glad for the end. I think that this route might be off of our list for awhile. We are going to start heading to the street lights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Never doubt that hair standing up on the back of your neck! Trust your gut--if something didn't feel right, it probably wasn't!
ReplyDeleteGood idea! You can never be too careful. Last night I was running with 3 other people at a new route and the streets barely had lights! It was dark and I don't think I could've done it alone. They were faster than me so I really pushed myself so they wouldn't leave me! Hahaha! At least the fear made me go faster! ;p
ReplyDeleteI run at night all the time ... and it is my imagination running wild that I credit for helping my pace improve!
ReplyDeleteRunning at night can be tough. Stay safe
ReplyDeleteyou know, some days the "creep-o-meeter" is just set at a higher setting. I've had a day where I was running in broad daylight where I suddenly got creeped out.
ReplyDeleteFor DARK RUNNING I got these reflective compression sleeves from Nathans - best thing ever. I don't know what it is about them, but I feel invincible in them. .. they do make my "guns" look a little bad a**... Glad you're running with a friend, no matter what time of day it is, it's always a good idea to run in a posse.