Friday, October 15, 2010

Wishing it Away

I am going on a "hot" date tonight with my husband. When Siri and Ben were little we went out once a week. We really didn't even have the money, but there was something important about getting out that once a week. I felt like I was stuck at home with two kids 13 months apart and that 2-3 hours out gave me enough energy to make it through the next week. I was always wishing the baby, toddler years away. Now, we are lucky if we get a sitter once every 6 weeks. I am always amazed at how you think that it is going to get easier as the kids get older, honestly I think that it gets harder. There are more activities, there is more homework, just all in all more stuff. My free time during the day is spent running the errands that I have no time to do after school or don't want to do with Izzie. (She is going through the "i deserve a treat at every store" phase.) Then I need to fit in my runs, which are necessary for my sanity. Now, that I am past the "baby" stage I sometimes wish that I could go back. I wish that I could feed them at 4:30, bathe them and put them in bed at 7. Rock them, read them stories, all of the things that I can't do now. It all seems so easy now that I am looking back on it. It is to bad that I wished it away.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! It IS Friday today. Our date night. Thanks for the reminder. I actually forgot LOL!

    there, there...it will get easier at some point. my daughter turns 17 tomorrow would you believe?! Glad she's old enough to help me around the house =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve and I haven't had date night in a while...silly us for thinking that the older kids would help out with the babysitting. No, now I spend my weekends driving everyone around so they can go out and have fun. Someday. And believe me, I know how fast these baby years go..I'm eating him up..at least I am when I'm not crying over lack of sleep. xoxo

    ReplyDelete