I am scheduled to run 20 miles tomorrow. My last 20 before my marathon, then the taper begins. Usually the day before a big run I drink extra water, eat healthy foods and take it easy. Let's just say that I hit the taking it easy part just right, but I kind of bombed with the food and water portion of the show. I ate a hot dog, then ate a cheeseburger and finally to top it all off I ate Halloween candy. I also have had 2 Diet Cokes. I gave up Diet Coke during my half marathon training and felt great. for some reason I am now back on the "sauce." It's hard. I don't really drink, smoke etc...so for some reason I feel like Diet Coke is my alcohol. I can give it up for weeks then all of a sudden it is calling me back, but enough about my DC addiction. Let's talk about my nutrition status in relation to tomorrow. I certainly had enough salt so hopefully hyponatremia will not set in:) I plan on running with plenty of water and Hammer Gel. Really, I think that I will be all set. Let's hope...or tomorrow might not be to pretty.
what do you like to eat the day before long runs?
do you ever blow it the day before?
Man, I feel your pain with the Coke! I gave up Diet Pepsi for a while in college due to my own budget constraints. Next thing I knew I was feeling horrible ... caffeine withdrawals! Now I have to ween myself off of it all the time. Once I have one I feel like I am immediately hooked again. It sucks!!
ReplyDelete