Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I am officially 10 days away from my first marathon. I feel like you feel the last two weeks before you have a baby. You know the done being pregnant portion of the show, but you are scared about what is to come. (especially if 3 of your 4 kiddos were born naturally and one weighed close to 10 pounds) That is how I feel about my marathon. I am so excited for November 7th. I am excited to show how hard I have worked for the past 5 months and that I will actually have met my goal of running my first marathon in the year that I decided to make a change. At the same time I am petrified. Am I truly ready? Have I been training right? Were 2 20's enough or should I have done 3? I guess that I could keep questioning myself or just recognize that there were good and bad training weeks, but I stuck to my plan. I need to realize that I can't do anything different at this point, that my training was and is MY training and that on the morning of November 7th I am going to run like I have never run before. Oh and that a magical sub 4 (3:59:59) would be awesome!

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes, Taper Madness comes to the amherst shuffle... coming up, this Friday's blog post is for you my friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do awesome!!! Just relax. You did great training. Everything that is meant to happen, will. Dont second guess anything! I know easier said than done, because I did the same thing.
    November 7th here you come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say don't worry and just mentally psych yourself up and think positive. You'll do awesome! Can't wait to read all about it!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having only ever dreamed of a full (OK, I registered and backed out), your analogy of birth makes perfect sense! Hang in there and own that sub-4.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and when you find that hour - please let me know how you found it!

    ReplyDelete