Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's Tuesday....

Well Tuesday has arrived in good ole NH...and wait for it...wait for it....it is not raining. Woo-hoo. To bad my washing machine has been broken since Thursday and instead of enjoying the great outdoors (i.e ....weeding my garden) I will be doing 10, 000 million loads of laundry. Between everyday clothes, running clothes and lacrosse clothes well...I will let your imagination wander. The boys are officially out of socks though so I am sure you are feeling me right now.

I went on a longish run yesterday with my 2 running besties...8 miles. It was rainy, drizzly and a touch humid out when we ran yesterday. I also did not have my car. (H took it to get new tires) So in not having my car, I did not have my Body Glide....I am paying for it today. My thighs (okay they rub together it doesn't matter how much I run or how skinny I am) look like I rubbed them on the pavement for about 2 hours. If you can imagine the shower after my run and putting on pants after my shower. It was not pretty. Today I have shorts on and they catch each other every once in a while. YOWSERS!!

I am doing the Run to Remember Half Marathon on Sunday so I wanted to get one more longer run in before Sunday. Can you believe this will be my 4th half this year? It will also probably be my last one this year. My Chicago Marathon training officially begins June 6th so that is where my heart will be for the next 4 months. I have to admit though I do love a half marathon. I like the training time, the fact that the race is over in about two hours and that you feel a great accomplishment after. Chicago will be my second marathon with Richmond following a month later. If you remember I didn't have a great 1st marathon, so I will be hoping to redeem myself at Chicago.

Any big racing plans for other people out there? Do you race in the summer or take it easy?

7 comments:

  1. Wow your 4th half... that is great! I'm hoping to get some good racing in this year. Yes I race in the summer because the winter here STINKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicago is going to be awesome! And I can't wait for you to come to Richmond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! My plan doesn't start until after my Tri. Thank goodness washing machine is back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rene - thanks for stopping by and for the good wishes! Can't believe this will be your 4th half this year! Awesome! Good luck Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chicago is #2 for both of us! I can't wait to follow your training. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great final half for the year!

    Last year I did some shorter races here and there - and learned that I really SUCK at running in hot weather. This year I don't have the option to suck because I have a 1/2 in June and July, then Disneyland 1/2 in September. That one could do me in. I mean put me in an even hotter place and expect me to run? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Sports Bras running out is when I know it is time to do my laundry. I can go forever without washing, but once I have no more bras it is time! Much like a dirty sock - that's just something you can't re-wear!

    ReplyDelete