Friday, May 13, 2011

Look What I Did Today?

Today I went to Runner's Alley in Nashua, NH and bought myself a treat. Yes you are looking at them. Pink and purple Vibrams. I have been wanting a pair for a while. Reading MCM Mama's posts about them and one of my training besties wearing them for short distances made me think I that maybe they are something that I want to try.
I spent the day walking around in them. Modeling them. Seeing an old lady shake her head and say, "You kids' wear the strangest things today." (Kid....I'll take that) and coming up with a little training plan in my brain to running in them. Start slow on the mill and build up to run a 5K on June 9th. (Is this possible?) They are definitely for fun. I don't have any notions of running far in them. I really love my Mizuno's, but who knows, right?
The best part. When we returned home our friend was working in our yard, looking at my feet he said, "You have Vibrams?"
"I just bought them, we'll see what happens."
"That is all I wear to run. I am up to 6 miles in mine. You won't want to go back."
A/ I didn't even know that David ran. B/ It is funny to think of him in Vibrams. As Siri said when he was leaving, "Mr. Dave, you are very COOL!"
Here's to a happy weekend friends. Think of me on Sunday morning. Our race starts at 7:30. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Hm - happy running! I can't wait to hear how you like them. Right now I'm a "no way will I wear those" girl ... but I also used to say "no way would I ever be a runner". So who knows?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good colors! Just take it really slow (both speed and distance) and stop at the first sign of pain. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, at first I was shocked because I thought your feet were bloody but then once I started reading I realized they were just some cook new kicks! :) Hope you adjust well to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.... I cannot wait to read your review of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm soooo close to buying a pair. Everyone is buying them and loving them! Can't wait for your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete