Yes, my friends...no coffee, no dairy, no caffeine, no grains. Just my fiber drink and detox pills. I was ready to go.
Well....today was fine until dinner. When I made my salad and then put a pizza in the oven for the kiddos. And that my friends is when it hit....I was hungry not only hungry I was starving. I had had so much fruit and vegetables all day that I needed something with substance. I broke. Not only did I have all of my salad. I had pizza and a diet coke and a bite of spaghetti. You know me when I go, I go big.
My husband e-mailed me from the plane. I told him that I broke. He told me that this might have not been the best week. That maybe I should have waited for him to be home so that I had a bit more support. "Really Rene', no caffeine for the week I'm away?" I have to say he is right.
So...long story short I will do my best this week. I am hoping to cut back on my caffeine and eat a lot more veggies. Hopefully, it will work! YIKES!!!
Oh my! Well good luck to you! I know I would have a heck of a time trying this ANY week at all!
ReplyDeleteI think it's ok--detoxing like that is maybe not the best way to go about it, imho.
ReplyDeleteWow good luck with the detox, I would do better if I didn't have to feed my kids too. It's too hard to resist carbs and caffeine!
ReplyDeleteOh my!!! Well good luck with this! What was the detox your dr told you about? It is so hard to resist things especially when you get to watch the kiddos nibble on goodies while you crunch on some veggie sticks!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh... I can only imagine. Remember, don't wait until tomorrow... or next week. Start at the NEXT meal! Sending you love and support!
ReplyDeleteYeah, not the best timing. When my husband is away, my veggie consumption goes up as I go temporarily vegetarian, but my caffeine and beer consumption go up as well LOL.
ReplyDelete