Thursday, May 26, 2011

TTT...it's Spring/Summer Edition

1. The weather here is DELIGHTFUL!!! 80 degrees, sunny and light breeeze. After 2 weeks of rain finally we are having summer. While I am feeling happy for myself, I am still very sad for the people in Missouri. I can't imagine losing everything in my life, my home, my car, my family...it is just the saddest story ever. I don't know if anyone saw this story, but the Boomtown Half was supposed to be run this weekend. They are encouraging runners to come out still, but to help with the clean up and if you can't go out, then how about signing up for the race. The proceeds will go toward helping the people of Joplin.

2. I am going to use the next couple of weeks to get used to training/running in the warmer weather and humidity. My fuel belts are out. I got a new supply of Nuun and I have been running around 9 am at times. I will be completing some of my summer runs early...(4:30ish) so that I will have my days to myself and the kiddos. Unfortunately our long runs are scheduled for Friday's at 10 am. Let's just say that I will be ready for Chicago.

3. I got my sunscreen out today. I am bad about sunscreen, I have a pretty dark complexion and many times just go with it, but I am starting to get some wrinkles around my eyes and it is probably time to start taking care of my skin. 40 is beating down my door....also the idea of skin cancer is very scary to me. My friend's mother had skin cancer last year and it was pretty traumatic, not what I need on my plate right now.

What is the weather like where you are? Do you use sunscreen? What time do you like to run?


5 comments:

  1. Since having skin cancer, I am much more diligent about sunscreen, but surprisingly I still have a really really REALLY hard time with being pale. I love my "healthy" glow that I get from being out in the sun...I miss it :-(
    All I have to do to get myself back in the right frame of mind is google facial skin cancer...
    THAT does the trick! SPF 50 all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for delightful!!!
    So awesome!!

    Sunscreen? What's that?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in sunscreen all year, but I'm super pale.

    I'm so over the heat and it's not even June, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to wear sunscreen more for sure. I always wear a hat when I run outside and it is sooo rainy and dreary here that I'm covered with clothes most of the year...summer has not come to the pacific northwest yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on remembering the sunscreen! I always forget, so I grabbed a little travel sized tube when I was checking out at Old Navy. Yeah - legit sunblock at Old Navy - only $1.50! I'm going to keep that in my travel/race bag so now I can't have an excuse to forget!

    ReplyDelete