Wednesday, September 29, 2010

3 Miles Down

This morning I got up at 4:45 to meet my friend L for a run. This would be my first run since the infamous Applefest. Once we got to our meeting place we decided to just run 3, we are going to ease ourselves back in slowly. When we first started out my legs felt like jelly. I apologized to Lynn a couple of times for holding us back. Thank goodness she just laughed. Once I got to mile 2 all of the cricks and cracks in my body had faded away and I started to feel like my usual running self. In fact I probably could have gone 5 at least, but I thought it was best if I took my time. I have a big run next week and I need to slowly get back into it.

On a setting goals note, with the support of my husband, I signed up for the National Marathon. It is March 26th, 2011. I am hoping that I am not being to lofty, I have not even made it through Manchester yet, but this will be great. It is fast and flat and I have decided that in order to keep running I have to set goals for myself.

Does anyone else have running goals for the future?

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I love setting goals too. There's something about getting from point A to point B that gives me a rush! good luck with all your goals! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me I have to have races registered and paid for. Once I pay I don't back out, and so why pay to run if I'm not going to train? So I always have at least one race registered for (and I like to do one per month at a minimum). My big ultimate goal is the 1/2 marathon. The Disney Princess 1/2 is my first. Since I'm flying across the country, I feel like for me it makes it an even more monumental goal that I can't wait to achieve!

    Have fun getting ready for your big goal!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete