Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Making Plans
I have been on Facebook a bit today and was reading the RLAM post about marathons. Marathons that are in the area you live, good ones, bad ones (I don't think that they actually mentioned any bad ones) and ones that people want to do. Of course, I couldn't stop reading the posts. I have not even run my first marathon and I am already planning to run another. Have I lost my mind. I have been eyeing the National Marathon in Washington DC. It is at the end of March which equals great weather for that part of the country. It is also an hour away from my mother's house so I could leave my kids' there. I basically have a plan in my head which is my personality, I am always making plans, making lists etc...and I feel like having running goals i.e. races will keep me running. I don't know if I could just run if I didn't have a goal at the end of it. Oh well...I should probably see how I feel after my November marathon before signing up for another one. Maybe I will start a list of marathons that I want to run. Now that is an idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I fully support your planning and list making! My longest races are 3 10Ks, yet I plans of doing 4 half-marathons next year. If you don't plan then how can you do it?? Excuse me, I must go make a list of something now!
ReplyDelete~RR
I posted my blog today, and then later I saw this from my phone when I dropped by to tell you where my family is from... It's funny. T & I have been toying with spring Marathons, and ultimately, National is the one we're leaning toward. We'll let you know how it turns out, maybe we can do a bloggy meet up.
ReplyDeleteMy H grew up 1 block away from Foxboro Stadium (now it's Gillette, but you get my point). He went to Xaverian Bro High, and we vacay up at Cape Cod every other summer. Bruins, Pats, BoSox - those are our teams. But my son plays Ice Hockey - thus, the hockey puck cake.
Keep me in the loop as you work out your marathon plans for the spring, and keep us educated about smallish RI, MA, NH races you find interesting. I'm almost 100% certain to be up in MA this coming summer, maybe I can schedule my trip REALLY REALLY strategically.