Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Shortened Run
The heat today was unbearable. I think that it made it to 97 degrees here in NH. Needless to say we did not make it to 14 miles, we made it to 11 and had to quit. I went through 48 ounces of fluid and my clothes were completely wet. My friend was pushing her 2 year old who was as red as a strawberry, he had had enough by mile 8 and our other friend went down with a calf (achilles?gastrinemus(sp?) injury and we had to call someone to pick her up. Thank God her mother was visiting and could come and get her on the side of the road. I am just glad I made 11, for me that had to be enough. My legs are still hurting and my chest hurts aaaarrrgghhhh....hopefully my weekend run will be better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No worries... heat is the worst!
ReplyDelete11 miles in 97ยบ is still beyond impressive to me!!
ReplyDelete~RR