Friday, September 10, 2010

Running Alone

This morning I ran by myself, just me and my Garmin. I went to put on my i pod and it was dead again. I must not be turning it off. This is the second time this week that this has happened. I try so hard to enjoy running "naked,' but I have to admit it is just not for me. When I am running with someone or with music I either talk or tune out. When I have nothing it drives me crazy. My brain becomes a ADHD teenagers brain. It flits from one thing to the other so much so that it seems that my head is about to spin off. I run in order to get away from everything, but without music it seems as though I am taking it all with me. I can't stop thinking about my list or my calendar or my kids or my husband and this will go on the entire run. Let's just say there is a little shuffle plugged in to my computer right now and it will be working for Sunday.
A quick blurb about Sunday. I am running the Nahant 30 K on Sunday morning. I am super excited. I am running with my friend Michele. We are using it as a training run and plan to keep our pace at about 9:30. I am hoping to just finish. I know I did 16 just a few weeks ago, but 18.6? That is really far!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and have fun at the 30K. I completely understand your need for either a friend or music while running. I can't zone out if it's just silence either...too many thoughts in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIRTY K?? Wow! Best of luck, and have a great time! ....and don't forget to fully charge that Garmin before you head to the race. ;)
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete