Wow! What a morning at the Warren house. Andy caught a frog to bring to school in his special bug/frog catcher and all was well in the world. It had grass, a little bit of water and some sort of berry in the container. Smiles all around. Smiles until Izzie picked up the container, dropped it on the floor and all of a sudden I have a frog hopping around the kitchen, a cat chasing it, Ben screaming, me screaming, Andy and Izzie crying and Siri finally catching the frog and calling us all crazy for screaming. This was supposed to be a great Friday morning. I didn't have to take Siri to school today, she luckily had the day off. I went for my run at 5:30 am, got a coffee, came home and got the kids ready etc...etc...instead it only takes one thing to throw everyone off. Chaos is not great sometimes and when you have a house with 4 kids it seems like there is ALWAYS chaos.
Now for my August numbers. Tall Mom Mel posted a challenge on her blog to run 80 miles the month of August. Well, I hit 80 alright, as a matter of fact I hit 132 for the month. I am midway through marathon training and feel great. Imagine these two legs ran 132 miles this month. It makes you realize how much you can do if you put your mind, heart and soul (and sole) into something that you are excited for. This marathon is my big challenge and it is keeping me going in all of my chaos.
Happy Friday!
Anyone affected by Earl? We might get some rain and wind:)
Awesome job on your miles!
ReplyDeleteGreat mileage!! And I must say I had to read this out loud to my mom. We loved your frog chaos!
ReplyDelete~RR