Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Failing

Two nights ago I took my test for the RRCA certification. I had taken the class to become a certified running coach. I printed out the test 2 weeks ago and have slowly worked on it when I had the time. I used my book, the computer, some old nursing books that I had and was feeling confident. I had always been a good test taker I kept telling myself and some of the answers I was completely sure about. Right? Well, needless to say, I failed. I got a 79 and you needed an 80 to pass. I had gone through it a couple of times and I had changed a couple of answers which typically I never do. I definitely was defeated. I have been feeling like I am having such a good year with my running, training and goals. This was what I felt was my next step in my running and I am now feeling a bit stagnant. So anyway....I am allowing myself the week to feel sad and next year I can take the class again for $100 cheaper. I will meet this goal and it will feel great when I do.
On a funny note, Siri is trying out for the Wizard of Oz at her school. If I hear "Somewhere over the Rainbow" one more time I might have to jump off of a rainbow. God love her, but she is definitely not the next Judy Garland. Happy Wednesday night everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Don't let a test get you down...you are having a great running year! I didn't even realize the class involved a test...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you didn't pass the test...you were so close too! Aside from that, I agree with Abbi, you are having a great running year and that counts for a lot!
    That made me smile about hearing the song so many times!! kids are so funny, that's cute that she's practicing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you didn't pass. I am set to take my class early next year and I am nervous about the test. Focus on your running - it will never let you down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, regarding Somewhere Over the Rainbow, it could be worse. It could be Somewhere Out There. That has to be THE worst song for kids to try to sing - especially on repeat!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!! I will be going through this next month, URGH I am nervous now..

    ReplyDelete