On a positive note I wore my Somnio's today and felt great. As much as I love my Brooks there is something about those shoes that I love. I know that I keep talking about them but definitely look them up.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Where to Begin....
Today I ran the Applefest Half Marathon in Hollis, NH. I woke up feeling apprehensive about the race. It started at 10 am and the temp was supposed to be 85-90 degrees. This is not usual New Hampshire September weather. By mile 2 I was already pouring down sweat. It was hot and it was humid. I kept going though. My pace was slow, I might have had some 8:50's, but by the end I was in the 11's. At mile 7, I kept telling myself that I could do anything for an hour more. Let me be clear this was the longest hour ever. It was hot, I smelled, I could not drink enough water. I took my Hammer Gel, but that didn't even give me one ounce of energy. By mile 10 I think that I was hallucinating, (not really, I might be a bit over dramatic). The last mile is a hill that goes straight up, I had to walk, which was killing me and then finally I was at the end at 2:08. Considering that my half in June I finished in 1:52, I was definitely feeling a little crappy. I don't know what I could have done differently though. I have been training for my marathon although there has not been this kind of heat. I felt better after my 30K 2 weeks ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This last heat wave seems to be affecting lots of people...hope you feel better now. Sounds like it was only rough because of the heat so hopefully it will cool down soon!
ReplyDeletecongrats on finishing your half mary =)
ReplyDeletenew follower here. will also add you to my blog roll. hope you can come visit my blog soon =)
I tried to just run 4 or 5 miles on Sunday ... Could. Not. Do. It. I had to do the walk of shame home. I fully embrace you saying you think you were hallucinating - 'cause that's how I felt, too!
ReplyDeleteI think your time is awesome, so I will happily congratulate you on persevering and having a fast time! Congrats!
~RR