Saturday, February 5, 2011

August Races...hmmm....

I am sitting in my living room going through Active.com and looking at races that I want to run this year particularly three races in August...the Falmouth Road Race, Beach to Beacon in Maine and Gloucester 7 mile road race. The Falmouth Road Race is chosen by lottery. I have run this race before and I ran for Children's Hospital. IT is imposible to get in, I swear that lottery is rigged:) Beach to Beacon is not a lottery, but registration begins at 7 am on March 15th. I already have it in my Google Calendar and I could sign up for the Gloucester race now. My husband is laughing at me because as you know I am hurt right now and I really can't run. I mean I have run a couple of times, but have decided that I am going to have to take up swimming for a bit. My one race that I have to get through is the Princess Half because I am not missing that race. The beauty of that race is that I am not trying to PR. My friend and I are going to stop and take our pictures throughout the race etc...(she is injured too).

My husband has made a couple of funny comments this week although I don't know how funny they are. Silly comments related to running and how it might not be so good for my body etc...Really? Seriously? This from a guy who popped his achilles while playing volleyball at work. ( I know it sounds weird, but they do it all summer.) Last night I finally broke and told him enough was enough and to stop with the comments. I then went on to tell him he is just jealous because he doesn't have something that he loves like I do. (hmmmm....I don't know if that is true or not, I was just frustrated.) Anyway, he dropped it, I waited awhile and then hit him up for Chicago registration fee. The look on his face was priceless. It was then that he told me that I would be waiting until next payday. ( or until I "borrow" his card out of his wallet).

Does anyone else have husbands who are weird about their running or is it just mine? Any advice?

5 comments:

  1. So did you get his credit card? :) I think my husband knows that running gives me something to work towards and keeps me from going crazy as a SAHM. So he supports me because Happy Wife = Happy Life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda....he is usually really good. I think that he has been traveling etc...so much for work that he is probably a little jealous that he does not have his own thing right now. I also dropped on him that I was thinking of going back to school. a lot at one time:) happy saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, just found your blog. Cute/creative name I say.

    I guess it would have to be the other way around in my household, with my wife being the non-runner. But she is totally supportive, except maybe sometimes on Saturday during my long run while she's trying to deal with our 3 little whipper snappers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's rough! Maybe he needs some encouragement to get out there and run or find his own hobby. Hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thrilled you and your girlfriends are doing Chicago! I will definitely give you some pointers on good places to eat, stay, etc. Except, it's pretty tough to choose for me because I love SO much about Chicago. :)

    ReplyDelete