Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Snowing Again

It is snowing again in NH. 3 out of my 4 kiddos are home from school. Izzie and I just made a batch of blueberry muffins and next we are making yummy Chocolate Chip Banana muffins. (Thanks Pam!) I thought that the stress of the snow day would push me over the edge today, but it didn't. I have remained calm, cool and collected. It is kind of scaring me, this is not my usual personality. I have decided though that I can't let it get to me. I am going to embrace that the kids are home with me, cook with them, play in the snow maybe and not worry that my house is getting messy, the clothes are not folded and Siri's room is a mess. (it is always a mess whether my house is spotless or not). It will all get done, it always does.

I went to PT yesterday and my hip and butt killed after. By last night I had to take Motrin and use the heating pad. It HURT! My mother was telling me that it is probably getting irritated by the PT. I don't know I thought that it is supposed make me feel better hmmmm...

On an exciting note I have decided to do 2 fall marathons. I am going to run Chicago with my 2 Amherst running pals G and M and then I am going to run the Richmond Marathon on November 12th with my pal G. (I think that she is faster than me, but I can watch her run away from me:) I am so excited that I have two things to look forward to.

Happy snow day everyone.

P.S...I did not post this right away because I wanted to post some pics of the kids, but I can't get my camera to download. I will tell you that my laid back attitude changed by 1:30 when I left with the kids to pick up a book at Barnes and Nobles and then to get Siri. Everyone had a meltdown including me...You know when people talk about their heads spinning off of their bodies, mine did I think. Oh well....you can only keep it together so much. Say a prayer for me, the kids are home from school again, my husband is working from home and we are expecting a foot of snow. This should be great.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you down the hill. I managed to make it through yesterday - today could push me over the edge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are running Richmond too! Can't wait. I am either running the 8K or the half that day. You are going to love the course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as we don't have any Jack Nicholson like moments from the Shining, I think you'll survive the snow day! ;)

    Very cool about the marathons. I'm actually thinking of head to Chicago next year for a half marathon. It would be my first visit there - aside form airport layovers. And how do you visit a place without tossing in a good race??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hellz to the yea!!! We are going to KICK SOME BOOTY!

    ReplyDelete