
My National Marathon Training plan is hanging on my fridge. Unfortunately due to an injured hip I am not going to be able to put it to good use in March. Needless to say I am sad. My husband thinks that I should take the Plan down, but I am using it for inspiration. Inspiration for Chicago and for Richmond this fall. Inspiration to help me get over this injury and to stop doing silly things like running half marathons when you aren't supposed to. (okay so I am running the Princess then I am going to take a little break) Inspiration to remind me what kind of runner that I am and that I can be. I know I can run a marathon, I have already accomplished that, but I also know that I can run it better, more efficiently. And that is what I plan to do in the fall. If right now my body is saying to slow down, then I probably need to slow down, but I will be back and I will be back stronger than ever. So...now I know I need to step back, back off of my running, increase my swimming and maybe even ride a bike. (oh the horror) I also need to work on my core and focus on my eating. I feel like this has been a wake up call and now I am awake and ready to go. Here's hoping to a great spring and summer and an even more incredible fall because this winter....not loving it so much. Happy Tuesday!
You are making me really tired. :) Sleep at night keeps me going!! xoxo
ReplyDelete~ sigh ~ I also have a visible National Plan floating around... two actually. One complete with skippable runs... but no. I cannot run more than 4 miles at a time.
ReplyDeleteSo, what did I decide, well, apparently the same thing you decided: I want a strong core, and some seriously toned guns.