I just finished the movie "Spirit of the Marathon." Wow is all that I can say! If you have not seen it, it follows 6 runners training for the 2007 Chicago Marathon, 2 pro's and 4 everyman's. It is so inspirational, the ups, the downs etc...things that have happended to each and every one of us in our quest for the final goal. One guy also is trying to BQ which of course is something I feel like I would like to accomplish. Will it happen? Maybe, Maybe not, but I will be 40 next year and it might be easier right? Right? I think that I have to finish in 3:50 hmmmm.....i might have to wait until I am 45.
Anyway I ran 5 miles today and feel good. Part of me wants to lace up and go out for a long run tomorrow, but the other part of me knows that I have to hit the pool instead. I don't want to over do it. I have no hip pain or knee pain, but a bit of butt pulling. I ran in my Mizuno sneakers and my feet felt great too.
Finally, I hear there is someone in Amherst following my blog. Show yourself I would love to hear what you think, but I might already know since I hear you are talking about it around town. Happy running to you:) and to all of my other running buddies out there xoxoxo!!!
I'll have to get this movie. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLoved that movie. So inspirational. Glad that you didn't have too much pain on your run. Good for you for listening to your body, despite what you want to do.
ReplyDeleteI have heard of this movie before. . . I should really track it down and watch it. I always hear good things!
ReplyDeleteI actually was texting with a fellow runner last night and we were seeing what it takes to BQ. Yeah - I'm not holding my breath at EVER being able to go so fast! I figure at best I could go cheer him on when he qualifies!