Monday, February 14, 2011
Happy Valentine's Day
Today is Valentine's Day or as Izzie keeps telling us, "Happy Hearts Day!" Travis and I figured out this morning that we have been together for 15 Valentine's Day's. That is a lot of flowers, candy and special treats. I used to love guessing what the treat was going to be, one year it was earrings, one year tons of roses and another a weekend away. As the kids have grown they kind of want in on the day so now it is dinner out (Chinese food last night) and a special sweet treat the day of. (I already ate my cupcake). My treat, beautiful roses and tomorrow my registration for Chicago. It is funny love kind of takes the direction that your life takes. 10 years ago baubles were my thing, now it is all about how I can challenge myself, get healthier, eat better. My husband is a great sport. He follows me down the path and actively supports me. There are times when he shakes his head, (when I used my grocery money for a new running skirt.) but most of the time he goes along and that is why I am a lucky lady. So friends, "Happy Hearts Day." Hopefully there is a special treat waiting for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Valentine's Day! My hubby asked me the other day..."Do you want that candy I always get you?" My response was...Nah but thanks anyway! He left me a note to wake up to and that was way better...and easier on my waistline!!
ReplyDeleteWe should totally meet up this summer! We just moved to Cotuit!
I love that you have used grocery money for a running skirt before. That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteFor Valentine's Day I drew myself a flower with highlighters, on a Post-It. Now I have a flower that will never die!
I remember using my grocery money for tennis skirts..man I miss those days. Miss you too. Happy Valentines!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHappy Heary's Day!! I would love registration to Chicago what a great gift!
ReplyDeleteOh I forgot to add that I saw in your race schdule that you were doing the Half at the Hamptons are you still doing? I know thta you have been injured? I am so maybe I will bump into you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Day to you too! :)
ReplyDelete