2. Do people think about what they write in the comment section on Facebook? Just curious?
3. Finally, what do you think the general consencus is of stay at home mom's at there? Is it that we are lazy? Sit around all day? Just curious....I can assure some of my friends who go to work say that they would not want to do what I do all day. That it would be hard for them or that they would go crazy. Generally, I don't feel that way. Is it hard? Yes. Am I lucky though? Yes, my husband owns his own business and wanted me to stay at home with our kids. We don't want for anything because I don't "work" outside of the home and most of the time I am content. Do I "run" away from them sometimes...of course, but like my friend Ginny said to me once "I always come back."
Happy Thursday everyone! Here's to a good run at some point today!
I read your blog and love it!! It is good to know other people struggle with the same things. Also it is always good to celebrate with others in the blessings of their life! My sister is a stay-at-home mom and I know you don't sit around lazy all day! I would love to be able to stay home for the sheer fact of being able to have that time with my daughter. I've said before on FB though that there should be a salary for every stay-at-home mom out there...that would be a great stimulus plan!
ReplyDelete1. I read your blog because, as a fellow mom of four, I'm curious as to how you handle things...how you juggle all that you do, since I am in the same boat as well and struggle at juggling!
ReplyDelete2. I wonder about FB, as I wonder about what to write in my own blog. I try not to write about things that may come back to haunt me someday, or haunt my kids, but I also want to be real and honest.
3. I've worked full-time outside the home, and never once did I lock myself in the bathroom to get away from my co-workers or start crying at my desk. However, I've done that mulitiple times while staying home all day with my kids. It's not so much hard as it is exhausting physically, emotionally, at times extremely boring. But I've had women as bosses who did work full time and more while their children were little and have regrets...I don't want to have regrets that I missed something. There's plenty of time for work.
Have a nice weekend!
Sometimes I like to just randomly wrote strange things on FB where the person I'm posting to will gt it, but nobody else. Sometimes then the funniest conversations will develop!
ReplyDeleteWith my blog I pretty much hold nothing back. ... to a point. If a co-worker didn't read it religiously I think I'd have a lot more juicy, fun stuff. But since I know I'm read by her I always keep a slight filter. Boo :(
I used to think I couldn't be a stay at home mom because I'd be bored with no working. But once I started reading all of these blogs I see that it is a busy job!! So maybe I am better off being the single, childless worker?? Who knows - maybe some day I will get to be a mom and then see just how busy it really is!
... I don't know what you're talking about... "...it's all peaches here"...
ReplyDeleteI read your blog because you inspire and encourage your readers, whether you mean to or not.
I have weeks that go by where I hold nothing back, and weeks where I build a little shell around myself and blog in a protected state. This applies to FB too. In some ways i'm more out on FB b/c I know everyone... but my mom & SIL are both FB friends so, ah, yea. sometimes I have to edit a little.
I am terrified of going back to work. How do working moms do it? I've been a SAHM for 11+ years. This semester has been a touch eye opening - I've been so busy with school, running, obsessing on FB that my house never got clean this week, so I stayed up for 5 hours last night cleaning. FIVE HOURS... seriously? Who freaking doesn't have time to clean their house so they do it in the middle of the night?