The best thing about it, is I realized that there is something else besides running especially while I nurse this hip injury. Next up, my first trip to the chiropractor tomorrow. Hoping for good results.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Hit the Pool
I went swimming today. First off, I am not really a swimmer. I have attempted to swim before for exercise. There was a point in my life where I thought that I was going to do a Tri, but hated riding my bike. Anyway...back to the swimming. Finally, after some persuasion...I put on my suit, grabbed my goggles and swim cap and hit the pool. When my new goggles fit right on with no adjusting I started to get a good feeling about the swim. It took me a few laps to hit my stride, and I will be honest the first 30 minutes were painful. My mind kept wandering and I would catch myself drifting in my lane. I told myself that I would only do it for 30 minutes, then 30 became 40, 40 became 50 and all of a sudden it became an hour. WOW!!! I could not believe it. I did it and I actually felt good. In fact I felt like a superwoman. I was walking on air. Woo Hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you Rene'!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and yea, if only there was some way to do a TRI w/o a BIKE... oh wait, there is... it's called an Aquathlon...