Thursday, June 16, 2011

3TT....It's Summer Edition

1. One more week and school is out here in NH. You would think that we would know how to manage snow but obviously we don't as we had to make up 5 snow days. While part of me is not totally looking forward to the summer juggle, the other part of me is so done with packing lunches, checking homework and signing books.
2. My first warm long run on Wednesday took a bit of a tole. I am definitely not used to the increase temps yet. We ran 11, but did not plan our water right or fuel right. Better to figure that out on an 11 mile run vs a 20 mile run. It is also important for heat training as Chicago has been know to be quite hot in the beginning of October. I am sure this year I will jinx myself and it will be 20 degrees and a snow storm.
3. Vacations...what do you have planned? We will hit the Cape for a week, my mom's for a week and a few Maine side trips. I have quite a few races planned and a lot of time by the pool. N
****Finally, Congratulations to the Boston Bruins. What excitement in New England over this big win. It was the first time Ben (age 9) stayed up for an entire championship game. He was so wired last night he could hardly fall asleep. Yay Bruins and Yay Ben!!!******

4 comments:

  1. I so hear you on #1 - we finish next Friday too and I cannot wait to be done with homework, lunches, etc. I'm not really ready for the summer schedule either and we're still trying to work out vacation plans - thinking Smuggler's Notch for a bit and maybe the Cape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was exciting wasn't it!! Maybe we'll get together this summer?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We (me and the girls) will be in RI from Aug 20-26th and I think we are going to NH for two of the days (my father in law is planning it), lets try to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never vacation in the summer, but this year I'll be in Disneyland for the half marathon, so that's my big trip!

    Next weekend I go to Seattle for the Rock'n'Roll half, and I'm treating it as a weekend long vacation, too!

    Enjoy your pool time - that sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete