Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What has Happened to Me?

Something has happened to my run. She is fighting me and I think that I know what is going on. She doesn't like to be with just me, she has become a group runner. At first I couldn't figure it out. Why have I become slower? Why do I want to quit at 3.5 miles? Why is my mind wondering off to other things? (that could be a bit of ADD) Then at the end of my run I figured it out. I really don't run by myself very often. My run likes to have her friends, her running besties with her. There is M and G who are my marathon buddies, sometimes K joins us and then 2 mornings a week there is L. I need them to push us. I need them to push the pace, to make me a stronger runner. Is this good for us? Ummm.....sometimes running friends are not around, sometimes you need to rely on yourself to get through a run, but on those days we can keep truckin', but for right now I am going to stick to my besties. I mean really, what are friends for? So tomorrow instead of 8 lonely miles, we are going to meet our friends at 5 and knock out those 8.
Happy Tuesday everyone...tomorrow is Siri's last day of school...the boys' on Friday. Let the fun begin.

7 comments:

  1. I felt my run slowing down too, so I backed off on my training for a week, and am now ready to tackle it head on again. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost always run slower when I am solo. The posse fuels me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. I am so meshed in with TNT group workouts now that I can barely function on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your 8 are great! :) I always run solo, but I then find it easy to slack and run shorter, or stop to watch the ducks at the pond. At a race all of those people just end up making me do my best. Maybe I need to round up an 8000 member running posse every week? Hm, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I think the power of the group makes us run too fast, so a slower solo run can be good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am in the same boat. Miles seem to take forever these days... I think the heat is partially to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree - with Misszippy AND TMB... sometimes it's good to run alone... like today, when I went out WAY TOO FAST I would have been better off alone... but on the same run today T kept me going when I wanted to quit, so a group is good....

    ReplyDelete