I wish I could tell you that I ran today, but I didn't. Instead I hit the trails for the 4th grade hike with B and his class. It actually was a tough climb. A lot of tree routes, rocks and heat and humidity. I planned on running after the climb on the Mill, but a tornado warning in our area put a stop to that when the 4 kids thought we should spend the rest of the evening in the basement. ummmmm.....no, we are not spending the rest of the evening in the basement. My basement is not a fun basement, it is mud room and laundry room, not a hang out room. So, instead of a run I ordered a new skirt from RunningSkirts while Iz sat on my lap with her fingers in her ears waiting for thunder and a tornado.
The month of May was a good running month for me. I completed 2 half marathons and ran over 1oo miles (110 to be exact). My hip has not been bothering me as much, but I do feel twinges every now and then. June will find me starting my Chicago Marathon training. I have no races this month and I am okay with that.
Happy National Running Day friends! Hopefully you got your runs in and enjoyed the day:)
Yikes on tornado warnings! yay on a great month of May! June will only be better I hope. Thanks for all your wonderful comments lately! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! You are going to run Chicago!!!
ReplyDeleteWestern Mass got 3 tornadoes...so scary! We didn't even get rain! I have been begging or rain so my allergies can stop kicking my butt!!
I wanna hike!! My dog wants to hike! Just a few more weeks and I'll actually have some time where I'm not running, riding or swimming and I can get my hiking fix!! I'm jealous - I would much rather have hiked than run yesterday.
ReplyDeleteLove hiking with my kids. Great that you had a good running month. I want one too.
ReplyDeleteWell a tornado warning isn't your every day night at home! Scary, exciting - yet I imagine kind of boring, too? When I lived in Florida and 3 hurricanes hit back to back I was just so bored being stuck inside all the time. Glad you survived the warnings!
ReplyDelete