Monday, June 6, 2011

Let the Fun Begin

This morning was my first run of my marathon training plan. A 5 mile tempo run, that I finished in 44 minutes. It is so hard to get going at 5 am, but I always feel good after it is done. Our plan for the Chicago Marathon consists of tempo runs, long runs, shorter "fun" runs and finally some cross training. I have said in the past that I am not a great cross trainer, but this time I am forcing myself to cross train 1 day a week! (Thanks, G!!) I also am doing Ab Ripper X 4 times a week, which I started yesterday and was reminded how much my abs/core stink....this will be great for me. I am happy to be back on the sauce (my running plan). I am a happier person when training. Believe me, my family is thanking me!!!

I have been craving yummy salads on a daily basis. I mean big salads, with all sorts of stuff in them. (think beats and sunflower seeds) Yesterday, my stomach had had enough fiber though and told me to take a step back from the spinach please. I do love this time of year. Finally in NH we have fresh veggies, our Farmer's Market is open and I am back to some "clean living!"

Happy Monday everyone....I am off to coach Pre-K and Kindergarden lacrosse. Wish me luck, these kids are tough:)

7 comments:

  1. I love sunflower seeds on salads! Good luck with your training. I didn't think they had lacrosse for the little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so it begins!!!!

    I need to renew my vows to ab ripper X soon before things get out of hand!!!

    I can't wait to go to the Farmer's Market!!! LOVE big salads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat BIG salads too. I mean why make a little one when they are sooo yummy!

    I'm in for Ab RipperX too although I won't be taking any days off of running. I plan to cross train on lighter running days. If it doesn't kill me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I played with my second chin the whole time I read this and realized maybe I, too, should do more than just run. And maybe I should try salad as well!

    Good luck with all of your training! Go abs, go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the farmer's market too. Last night I ate corn on the cob and a sweet potato... yum! When is Chicago?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck as you start your marathon training. Is your goal just to finish, or do you have a finish time in mind?

    ReplyDelete