Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sometimes It Just Doesn't Work Out

Today was not my day. I started out at 5 am with what supposed to be a 10 mile run. Well, I made it to mile 8 and hung up my sneakers. I thought that I could talk myself into it, but I just couldn't today. It was my 3rd 5 am run in a row and my legs were just tired....I also made a mistake and did not eat breakfast. I didn't want to wake anyone (i.e. puppy) and I didn't want to have to go to the bathroom (I know, I know!) so I threw my clothes on and headed out. I think that I learned my lesson....

Next I was supposed to have my girls outlet shopping trip....well Izzie was not cooperating. It was not her fault. She developed a raging ear infection yesterday and after going to the MD and not putting her on meds, we were back there this morning.

Dear MD,
If a mother bring in her 4 year old with chronic ear infections and argues with you for 15 minutes about an antibiotic then please give it to her. That way her child will sleep through the night and won't be crying hysterically that her ear is "exploding!"
Thanks,
MOm

So, now I am on the couch, in the AC. (yes it is 95 here in NH and supposed to be 100 tomorrow) with Izzie laying on my lap and thinking about my yoga crosstrain tomorrow. I can't wait. Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Oh man...definitely sounds like one of "those" days! I guess thank goodness for A/C, right? Hope Izzie's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hung up my shoes early today too. I hate it when my legs feel like they have to oomph. Hope the ear infection gets better soon, poor Izzie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Izzie's ear. And hey.. 8 is better than nada! Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Izzie!!! I'm so sorry that she is sick! I hope she is well soon! At least you got in 8!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I this has been the week of hard running lessons. I've had my own experience and keep reading about others!

    Annoying doctor!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8 is great! a lot better than a big fat zero :)

    ps. Just found your blog!

    ReplyDelete