Sunday, June 19, 2011

Celebrating Dad

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Dad and to my wonderful Husband. I am a very lucky girl to have 2 incredible men in my life.

My Dad is a great support system, taught my sister and I how to get out there and work and how to run races. He laughed at our jokes, was calming during a storm and always knew the right things to say. One of my greatest memories is in 6th grade when he took me to see "Rocky 3" and told me that even though he and my mom were hard on me they were doing the best they could. Since I was the oldest sometimes I bore the brunt of their mistakes, but in the end I would be a better person for it. (If I remember right I got my ears pierced that year and my mom let my sister who was 3 years younger than me, got hers done too....big deal in the life of a 10 year old).

My husband is my best friend. Our house is crazy and he just roles with it. He is an incredible listener, knows when to tell me to back off and supports all of my crazy endeavors. He is not a runner and has no desire to be, but has no problem with me getting out there everyday if I need to. He is a football and lacrosse coach, a giant teddy bear and most of all is a hands on Dad. We are all very lucky to have him!

Happy Father's Day to all of the great dad's out there. Hopefully your day has been as fun as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment