Monday, January 24, 2011

Depressing Weekend

Last week G, one of my favorite bloggers, suggested we write about what we are depressed about for the most depressing day of the year, January 22nd. I think there were prizes involved and when I first started thinking about it, I was prepared to write something funny, you know something about the zits on my forehead from my bondi bands, but wouldn't you know it my running has hit hard times. On Friday I was diagnosed with a hip overuse injury and told to break up with my cross training class, take a running break and start physical therapy. I started thinking about my overuse, did I really overuse my hip. I think that I trained the right way, followed my training plan, wore the right shoes and took it slow. Now, I am home with 4 kids for the week while Travis is travelling and I can't get my run on. I am staring at my beautiful birthday treadmill in my room and my new Brooks waiting to get worn and all I can do is wait until Thursday's physical therapy appointment. I keep browsing the Running Skirts web site looking at skirts. ( I already own all of the argyle ones.) I got a new jacket from Brooks in the mail today and couldn't even open the package. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is for just a week. I am wishing and hoping....and hoping and wishing. I am going to try to embrace the rest as a good break for my body and give me a chance to concentrate on home things, kid things and wife things. Say a little prayer that I make it.

5 comments:

  1. OH NO! We're ALL FALLING APART! Truly this is a sad post... Me with my Fankle, and you with your Hip.

    Got pool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope it all turns out well for you Rene! This is no fun. :( But pretty stuff to look at to keep your spirits up and your mind focused on healing...treadmill, shoes, running skirts! Yay! My hubby is out of town too...booo. Thank for your comment. I'm so glad that my post got you excited about getting your journal out. Even if only for a few minutes...all it takes. I also like to use it to list things I'm thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm solo with 4 kids and no run...that does sound depressing. Hope you get better ASAP.. I was on Running skirts today and bought a leopard printe skirt from the sale section..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your advice Rene! Appreciate it a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have ALL the argyle skirts?? Lucky! I just have the black and white, which I'll be wearing at the Princess. I never get bored checking out the sites for new skirts. Especially if I feel like I can't run for some reason, the shopping for it always cheers me up!

    ReplyDelete