Sunday, January 23, 2011

Resting Stinks

Okay, I will admit it, I am not loving the "rest" part of the recovery equation. I am kind of bored. I am by myself with the kids for the week so I am not bored with nothing to do, but everytime I look at my treadmill I get a little twinge. I used Biofreeze on my hip and part of my butt this pm. I was having spasms and it killed, but once I did that and took a couple of Motrin I felt much better. So much better in fact I almost hopped on my treadmill, but I stopped myself. I would rather get better now so that I could have the entire month of February to run. (I might be to optimistic?) Anyway, I am going to hot yoga tomorrow am. I think that some stretching might be good for me and then I might try to swim on Tuesday. I am not a good swimmer, but maybe this is a sign that I need to cross train and do something different. Who knows? I guess everything happens for a reason. Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a runner, but I would think that continuing to run might reinjure your hip or cause you to be out of commision for longer? It's so hard to be patient - not one of my stronger suits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh!!! I'm sorry you are still on the mend but good idea not to hop on the mill!! I hope you are all healed for Feb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there so you'll be able to start running again soon. February is almost here!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well poop! I hope your hip stops this and lets you get back to just feeling normal and running!

    ReplyDelete